Steamboat: Top 10 Summer Activities
Steamboat has so much to offer that it can feel overwhelming going through the long list of activities and events. This is why we thought we’d help narrow things down for you. In no particular order, here are some of the top 10 summer activities and events that we recommend for you during your stay with us.
1) Tubing on the Yampa river.
Tubing on the Yampa river is an absolute must. You will float through downtown Steamboat and you can stop in several parks, restaurants, or bars along the way.
2) Scenic gondola rides
Between June and August, enjoy the views from Mt. Werner in the eight-passenger gondola. Enjoy the 360 degree views from the mountain top. Bring a sandwich, or enjoy a lunch at Hazie’s or at the Oasis Sundeck.
3) Stroll through the beautiful botanic park
The Yampa River botanic park is a high altitude garden is a lush 6-acre site and features ponds, colorful annuals and perennials, many evergreens and even some sculptures. Birds from the Yampa river basin can also be spotted here. Yoga enthusiasts can enjoy outdoor yoga classes three times a week through August 27. Music enthusiasts can come and listen to music on Thursdays at 12:15pm through Aug.13. Admission to the park is free. Open dusk till dawn through October 31.
4) Soak in the hot springs
Come and soak in the hot mineral springs of Old Town Hot Springs or Strawberry Park Hot Springs. It’ll be fun for the whole family.
5) Go for a hike
Steamboat has countless hiking trails, for all levels and abilities. Whether you prefer rolling forests, or mountain views, Steamboat has something for everyone.
6) Enjoy the food
Steamboat has a lot of great restaurants. Did you see our blog post about our must try spots? CLICK HERE to read more...
7) Try fly-fishing
Steamboat is a premier fly-fishing destination. Indeed, there is a 7-mile stretch through downtown, of public fishing. One couldn’t ask for more convenient access!
8) Go to the Steamboat Wine Festival (Aug. 10-14) Join wine lovers, wine makers and great chefs for this extraordinary event.
9) Go to the Wild West Air Fest (Sept. 3-4) Come celebrate labor day in Steamboat and watch some spectator-friendly aircraft events. The airport will have 25 vintage aircrafts as well as some from WW2.
10) Go to OktoberWest (Sept. 16-17) Join in on the fun and enjoy some Rocky mountain beers, local food specialties and the festivities.